Sunday, November 12, 2017

An Elliptical Contest: Round Eleven



Ah yes. The special Thanksgiving round to which the world has been looking forward.

For this round, plan a Thanksgiving gathering.

Name five famous guests (real or fictional, but famous) you would invite and explain why.
  
Name five foods / beverages you would serve - real or fictional.

Name five blogs you would catch up on while waiting for the Cowboys to lose.

Where would it be?  The beach?  The Mos Eisley Cantina?  Please post a pic or a link to a pic.  (If it would be at your house, a pic of your city or area is fine.  You don't need to post a pic of your house.)

Deadline:  November 22 (end of)

Three points for the winner.
 

3 comments:

  1. Well, our Thanksgiving is over with but yours isn’t and it is a really big deal for the U.S. 5 guests, I would choose....my dad, Jimmy Stewart, John Wayne, Vivien Leigh, Ms McGonagall, Endora. Oops I did 6 but it still works. These are all people I would love to meet or be with. For dinner, Rouladen, red cabbage, mashed potatoes, creme brûlée, chocolate cake. Ohhhh, let’s add a nice white wine with that..screw the red. I would catch up on Vidya Sury’s blog. Assholes Watching movies, Dutchess who creates amazing cards, the Funkie Junkie and djcreations. I would have this dinner in the Austrian alps but I have no clue how to post a picture here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries. It's a famous place so I'll just look it up on the interwebs.

      Delete
  2. Guests:
    Jon Bon Jovi
    Ellen DeGeneres
    Brad Paisley
    Jennifer Garner
    Harry Connick, Jr.
    (I chose these five individuals because I admire their philanthropic pursuits.)

    Menu:
    Turkey and dumplings
    Sweet potato casserole w/ marshmallows on top
    Sautéed carrots
    Cranberry jello salad
    Apple pie

    Blogs:
    I sincerely hope that if I had these five individuals fin the same room or dinner that we wouldn't spend our time looking at blogs. I would like to engage in real, authentic, face to face conversations with them.

    Location:
    In a luxury cabin in the mountains of West Virginia (Brad Paisley, a fellow West Virginian, could help me out in choosing a good one). Something like: http://www.millcreekcabins.com/cabin_photos_index.htm


    ReplyDelete